Sponsored by Arda Wigs Canada
The Masquerade is our Saturday evening costume competition, an opportunity for cosplayers from all over to show off their latest work and be the stars of the show. Every year ConBravo! seeks to honour the hard work that our cosplay community puts into their costumes and give them a platform on which to showcase the results. That’s the Masquerade!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Get Registered. Registration will be at the HCC main entrance, which opens on Saturday at 10AM-12PM. Registration is quick, easy, and gets you in our system, so do it as soon as possible! Please note there is a 30 person limit this year! If you want to compete, get there as soon as you are able!
2. Hand in your audio. If your performance uses any music, pre-recorded voice work, or other sound, you need to hand it in ahead of time so our sound crew can get to it. Please bring it in MP3 format on a USB key with your name and skit entry written on it. This can be done either when you register or when you sign in (see below), but no later than that. Note that your entry should be 1 minute or less in length. Anything longer will be subject to disqualification. WE DO NOT ACCEPT YOUTUBE AS AN AUDIO SOURCE.
3. Sign-in. After you register you’ll be given a time to sign in. This means coming to the green room, checking in at the desk, and then finding your assigned den. Each den has a Den Parent who will help you with things like tips on performing, small emergency repairs, and helping to calm your nerves.
4. Perform! Once your number is called, it’s time to get into the queue and ready yourself for the stage. Remember to smile, engage the crowd, and really portray your character when you’re up there! It’ll impress the crowd, and more importantly, the judges.
5. Check the awards. Our awards ceremony is generally scheduled for Sunday Morning. However you can also check in at the Masquerade Office anytime after the ceremony as well. We will have both a live posting on the website as well as at the Masquerade office. If you have to leave early, please come to the office to pick up your prize, otherwise it will be mailed to you. We encourage attending the closing ceremonies however, as it gives our judges a chance to thank you and leave a lasting impression on the crowd.
Please let our Masquerade director know if you have any additional questions by emailing email@example.com.